Friday, April 18, 2008

Rain

Last night as I was driving home in the dark, the train lights began signaling an upcoming train, so I was the first in line to watch the show. Since the gasoline in my tank was low, I shut off my car to wait. I could feel and hear the rumbling of the train as it progressed in front of me. Almost as soon as the train started across the road, the rain started up again. The raindrops hit the passenger side of my car and sent ribbons of rain across the windshield as the wind was driving the raindrops sideways. The intensity of the rain on the roof picked up as the train rumbled through the intersection. The combination of the two sounds and the vibration of the road created a wonderful rhythm of machinery and nature in concert together. While rain is not my favorite weather condition, this experience helped me appreciate the value of rain. I hope you find time to enjoy the sound of rain in your next encounter.

2 comments:

Sojourner said...

Whoa! I haven't been here in awhile. Got some cathcing up to do!

BUt I am here to tag you for a meme. Come to my blog to see how it works. If you have trouble with it just email me.

Sojourner said...

We have a new hot tub in out 3 season room ( I think the hot tub makes it a 4 season room). It has a metal roof. I find it very soothing to sit in the hot tub and listen to the rain on the roof. Nice post.