Monday, May 26, 2008

Today

Today is Memorial Day. Today is a vacation day. Today is a gift.

I do not know where to start because I have gotten so far behind in my blogging. I want to write about everything that has happened since my last post and yet, I think today is what is important.

Today is a gift. It is ours to use for whatever we want. We do not have to get up early to go to work. We can take pictures of the chicks and e-mail them to friends. We can drink a cup of coffee while wondering around the yard in our bathrobe listening to the birds singing. We can work on the list of things that need to be done - or we can spend the afternoon at the river reading a book.

What are you doing with the gift of your Memorial Day?

2 comments:

Sojourner said...

Hey Lori! Long time no see! I am a bit behind on my reading and blogging so it took me 2 weeks to read this post. Hope you are well. I miss seeing you. Wednesday continues to be the only day I can see the boys. I tried a Bikram yoga class twice and really liked it. However, I seem to have injured my right shoulder and haven't done any yoga for about 2 weeks. Hope the class is going well.

Lora said...

I don't know if this will work. Testing testing. It's just me, following your lead. Had not checked your site for a long time. Saw at the bottom "what your name means". Got a good laugh. Very like us, huh. Type in Lora and see the slight differences. I still go by both names equally. Always funny to see what someone will decide to call me, no matter how I introduce myself. Let me know what happens. I created the blog for myself but now gotta go to church. P-U. Right when I typed that I got a whiff of Grace getting ready for church. Perfume. YUK! I don't even know this kid!!! I asked Sam to PLEASE stay normal & not do the teen crap till Jesse leaves! He promised. We'll see...