Saturday, September 19, 2009

How I know that I am old

Today is Saturday - 6:36 a.m. My husband has already left to go bow hunting for deer. That leaves me home with the dog. How I know that I am old is that I am excited about this day and the opportunities it holds.
1. I have a new cost efficient laundry soap that I am trying out on the first batch of laundry / jeans.
2. It is still dark outside so I feel like I have gotten a head start on the day.
3. It is going to be a beautiful September day. Great for hanging laundry and cleaning out the garden.
4. The new tractor is here (as opposed to our other property), so I can use it to clean out the garden.
5. By the end of the day I will have a clean house, fresh whole milk from our friend, and dinner on the table. Happy hour is so sweet when that mix all comes together.
6. I am writing this morning - a goal I assigned to myself for the new year (2009) and I am back on task.
7. It is my friend's 30-19th birthday, so I am going to start a new batch of wine in honor of her special day.
8. The chicken house is already cleaned because I did it last night. We also got the little hens moved out of the back building last night - so again, it feels like we have a big head start on the day.
9. I feel good. The fact that I have no aches and pains is wonderful.
10. I realize that many people would look at the things I am happy about and see a lot of work. I feel grateful that I have a place to do these things, a wonderful day to do them in, a dog to keep me company and a husband that will be home for dinner.

All in all, I am happy that I am old.
Namiste'

No comments: