Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yoga sequencing - Warrier Series

While I would love to spend an hour on my daily yoga practice, I have finally decided that 15-20 minutes every morning is better than wishing I had more time to spend.   Recently, I have been working on sequencing  yoga poses, coming up with some interesting flow movements.  I would like to start adding some of these series to my blog, so that you might incorporate them into your own home yoga practice.  One of my favorite flows is the Warrier series. 

Start with a 2-4 Sun Salutations (1-2 on each side).

Once warmed up, move through the following series, spending 2-5 breaths on each pose. 
1.  Warrier 1
2.  Warrier 2
3.  Reverse Warrier (back arm to leg, front arm to the sky)
5.  Side Angle
4.  Triangle
5.  Reverse Triangle
6.  Standing splits/forward fold/hands in reverse namaste
Switch to the other side and repeat.

No comments: