Friday, March 1, 2013

Rabbit Rabbit!

Way back when I was in high school, one of my friends had a family tradition of saying "Rabbit Rabbit" to the first person they spoke to on the first day of the month.  The purpose behind this behavior was to bring good luck for the month to the person saying the phrase.  I thought it was a great tradition, because my friend's family was way cool.  Today, my sister and I continue to hold onto this tradition, however we have incorporated e-mail as our method of communication.    Periodically, we add fun images of rabbits to our e-mails which adds points.  However, the winner is always the first to e-mail. Today is March 1st.  My sister won as she texted me at 4:10 am.  I am an early riser, but 4:10?  WAY too early.

As a "Type A" personality, it is humbling to lose. I still believe I will have good luck this month as the first thing out of my fingers this morning was "Rabbit Rabbit" as a response to the text/e-mail.

Rabbit Rabbit.  Happy Good Luck of the Irish to you this March. 

No comments: