Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back to happiness

In April 2011, I wrote about Episodes of Happiness.  The last two days of reading in Simple Abundance is about making happiness a habit.  What is this elusive thing - happiness?   Is it always there, just covered up by stress?  Today I resolve to focus on the happiness and continue to make it a habit. 

One of my friends says she chooses a word of the year.  One year it was "enough".  She said it was a great year, with great focus.  I was thinking my word for this year should be resolutionist.  Resolve to write on a daily basis.  Resolve to knit 3 sweaters.  Resolve to find happiness during the day.  The word itself is too militant to live with for a year, but for today I am happy with it.  Today I am happy about Brown Sheep yarn purchased at close-out prices through another friend.   Today, I resolve to be happy.


No comments: