Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prayer Walks

During this summer, I started walking two miles with our dog before I went to work and before she went into the kennel for the day. During those walks, I moved my daily rosary prayer from the drive to work to the walking time. It seemed more spiritual to be praying in our lovely rural setting, rather than in the Honda amidst all of the other drivers who were commuting to work for the day.

Today's walk was absolutely beautiful. The low hanging clouds formed a blue and purple ceiling in the horizon while the sun was trying to peek through those clouds in the east. The cool morning air smelled of early fall and was crisp and clean in my lungs.

Today's prayer - the Glorious Mysteries - began with the prayers for faith and hope as we meditate on the resurrection and assumption of our Lord into heaven. The blue sky provided an clear invitation to open my heart to the gifts of the holy spirit.

As I strive to utilize the gifts God has provided, I write this post and commit to writing on a more regular basis.

No comments: