Saturday, July 19, 2014

Proverbs - Chapter 19

Many of today's verses were confusing, so I marked several of them for later contemplation.  Today is not a day to sit and ponder what I do not understand, as I have timelines to meet, and people who will be expecting me to be ready for action.

There were two verses that were easily understood at my current level of understanding.

Proverbs 19, 21:  "Many are the plans in a man's heart, for it is the decision of the Lord that endures."
I make plans, and God laughs.

What I must do is listen and live.
Proverbs 19, 20:  "Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may eventually become wise."

Last night was Pastor Tim's retirement party.  He filled the room with over 250 family and friends.  They praised his wisdom.  They praised his life's work, his daily devotions to the word of God, his ministry, his contribution to God's teachings, the way he loves with God as his example.  Pastor Tim made plans and God endorsed them.  He listened to the word of the Lord, received the instruction, and lived his life according to the Word.  He is a good example.  I only wish that someday, I may be so wise.

No comments: